Sunday, January 29, 2012

Educ 630: Blog 2

Blog 2 Topic
Please reflect on the following question in your blog:
Reflect on your own participation in online communities (where do you go? what do you do? what does your family do?)

If I can recall correctly I was introduced to my first online community in 2005.  I was a freshman in college and became a member of facebook.  It was through facebook that I stayed connected with some friends and family members.  Facebook was also a way for me to meet new friends that shared similiar interests, went to my college or were from my hometown.  I was constantly on facebook talking with others, viewing their posts and posting my own post.  I was truly convinced that facebook was a great means to stay connected to people; even so much so that it became addicting.

Currently,I have family members that are members of facebook as well.  Facebook has become a widespread social network that is used an an online community.  I also have family members that are on twitter and myspace as well.  Due to courses at Liberty, I have also joined the Skype community to participate in group projects.  Family members of mine use Skype as well but they use it more for social purposes; especially some of family members that have loved ones in the military overseas.  Overall I feel that online communities are used alot in my family, and moreso for social purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment