Saturday, February 4, 2012

educ 630: blog 3

How do you personally view your learning and the use of "presentations" - what works for you as a learner?

I have always been a very visual learner.  I love to be engaged in my instructional activities.  Therefore presentation give me the motivation and incentives I need to learn.  Often times when I do not find material to be interesting, presentations allow me to still become engaged with the material that is to be taught.  The use of graphics, text, pictures, graphs, audio, etc, all add to the learning environment for me and enhance my ability to learn.

I know that as a visual learner, I can use my other modes of learning but I learn most from visual aides.  When given information in a lecture or auditory format, I take that information and put it into a graph, spreadsheet or draw pictures cues beside the information, etc.  These things allow for me to make a visual connection between any types of information that are not given in a visual aspect.

In my classroom I also capitalize on the use of presentation because I know that kindergarten students work best when they can manipulate information and the material is presented in a visual format.  This can often be seen through the use of a Smart Board because the lessons are typically presented in an interactive fomat.  Presentation software can be used for numerous purposes but it can add to any instructional enviornment when the students are able to become more engaged in the learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment