Thursday, February 9, 2012

Educ 630. Blog 4

As a kindergarten teacher I am constantly looking up resources to help me strengthen my instructional delievery and improve the academic levels of my students.  The web based resources below have been extremely helpful in this process for a number of reasons; not just for kindergarten but for various grade levels.


This website is useful to me because it is a great extension to the literacy program that we have implemented at my school.  This website provides numerous resources to help enhance the reading skills of my students, and that is especially important in kindergarten. There is a wide selection of fiction and non-fiction books, worksheets, benchmark books for each level, comprehension quizzes, and lesson plans.  This website is useful for teachers to facilitate direct instruction to their students because the lesson plans are available. All of these things are a great resource to help build the literacy skills of students.


This website is useful to me because it has a variety of tools that can be used to generate worksheets, activities, workbooks, wall décor, etc.  All of these things save plenty of time in my classroom because more time is spent on instruction rather than trying to plan out worksheets and activities from scratch.  Also this website includes all core subject areas and that makes it where educators don’t have to go to a variety of websites to generate worksheets on different subject areas.


This website is useful to me because it allows me to incorporate technology into my classroom.  This website offers a lot of information on science, science inquiry and social studies.  This website has been incorporated into my lessons that were themed around countries, animals, living environments for animals, etc.  This website is great because it shows real life photos, videos, games and activities about every category offered in the kids national geographic.


This website is useful to me because it has a variety of tracing activities for students among other things.  This is a great resource for kindergarten and preschool teachers because students in these grade levels are just learning the handwriting skills and tracing will help them learn how to correctly form letters.  This website not only offers numerous tracing activities, but also activities about numbers, shapes, colors, math, phonics, etc. 


This website is useful to me because it offers great free printables for all subject areas. This website can incorporate all learning styles due  to the variety of material offered in each subject area.  The activities from this website have been used in my classroom all year round.  The search options are very useful because they allow the teacher to search for material by grade level and subject.  The printables from this website include activities, craft ideas, worksheets and flipbooks.  These are all very useful printables, especially in my kindergarten classroom because the students need manipulatives and activities to help reinforce their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment